Tuesday 3 March 2015

Photos for Ancillary Texts (Shoot 1)



Today I spontaneously took some photos of my cast for my ancillary texts as it was the best time for everyone to meet. I did not bring any of the props that I intend on photographing however and so I was only able to get some of the photos. I will take these photos when I have the opportunity but as I have my own high quality camera I should be able to do some of these in my own time. I got both Kate and Jack to wear a similar outfit to the what they wear in the the narrative sections of the video to help create cohesion and continuity.
Overall I'm quite happy with some of the images that I got, although editing is required to enhance the lighting and generally just improve the quality. I will begin to experiment with some of these images on photoshop to give me and idea of how I will create my digipak and album poster but I am confident that I have a good starting point. If I then think of other photos I can take then I will plan another shoot within the next few days (hopefully). I used an Olympus SP-720UZ camera to take my photos as it is more appropriate than using a filming camera and produces a better quality image. I took a range of shots of the cast separately as my main idea for the ancillary texts involves changing the opacity levels and merging the photos together. I wanted to use different shot types and camera angles to experiment with so I can find the best fit of images. I also took a couple of photos of Kate moving as I'd seen a similar effect used on an existing CD however the camera didn't have the feature I had hoped to use and so I may need to reshoot this with my own camera which I know has this feature. I hoping to use these images to create some first drafts and then on the basis of these drafts I will decide if a re shoot is needed or if more photos are needed.
I didn't really experience any problems other than the moving image photo not working very well and this can easily be re done in the next few days so I am not worried.

No comments:

Post a Comment