Monday 9 March 2015

Filming Diary (09/03/15)

DAY SIX
09/03/2015
Green room

Shots filmed: 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90


Today I filmed the last of the green room shots and although I followed my storyboard I also did some experimenting with the camera angles, etc to see if I could get a range of shots to choose from when editing. There weren't really any major problems but there were a few small things which slowed down the process slightly. I have only viewed the shots on the camera as of yet and so haven't been able to see how good the footage actually is but I am fairly confident that I have some good shots. 
I was lucky enough to be able to go to the green room at lunch time and book it out from 15:00- 16:00 without any problems. This allowed us to start filming as early as possible. When we got to the green room we found that previous students had left it in a bit of a mess with the plain sheet which rolls down being quite loose and ripped in places. This meant that I had to use the plain white wall and direct the lighting towards this as a compromise. This wasn't a real problem however as the lighting looked just as good, if not better. It was quite difficult to do some of the camera angles though as you were able to see the green wall in some places and the carpet in others. Other than this however I had no problems and the filming session went quite well. I managed to get more footage than possibly needed and now have the ability to experiment with it when editing. The issues we did experience didn't really alter the standard of the footage and I am hopeful that I have some good shots.  

No comments:

Post a Comment