Monday 9 March 2015

Editing Main Image for Ancillary Texts



I decided to create the main image for my ancillary texts before proceeding with any other part of the process. I had already made a mind map of main image ideas and intended to experiment with a few of them which I did but found that I liked the 'layered effect' idea of fading the boy and girl characters into each other. I had previously thought this might be too hard to do but actually it was fairly easy and the finished image looks very good.
I started by editing each of my chosen images separately. I did this by adjusting things such as the brightness and contrast, levels, curves, exposure and vibrance. I then also used the sharpen tool to give the images slightly more clarity. Once I was happy with appearances of each image separately I proceeded to putting them both together. I started by making a new project setting the page at '5.531x5.531' (the size on the digipak front cover panel). I then dragged the image of Jack on to the page and used 'free transform' whilst holding the 'shift' key to make the image fit on the page properly but still in proportion. However I found that there was a thin line towards the right of the page which was not covered by the picture so I went back onto the original image of Jack and cropped it to only a thin slice of the background. I then dragged this onto the page and again used the free transform button to fill the gap. I then proceeded to adding the image of Kate to the project. I dragged the image in and changed the 'fill' amount to 50% so that Jack was visible behind Kate. Setting it at 50% also meant that both images where equally faded. Once I had done this I placed around with the positioning of the two images until I was happy with the alignment. 
I am very happy with the outcome of this image and will proceed to use this on my digipak and magazine ad (although the size may need adjusting to fit the magazine ad). Hopefully by the end of the week I will have 2 completed ancillary texts, which are of a high standard. 


Finished image:


No comments:

Post a Comment